Corey A. Johnson wrote:

Hello,

I am using the Praxis mailet to virus scan emails... and i notice it is scanning even the Return to Sender emails generated from a spam blacklist lookup and rejection.

I am sure this is not specific to Praxis.. just has to do with my config. Can anyone suggestion how i could stop it from scanning any bounce/notifysender generated emails?

I have an IsInfected Mailet that routes to a processor block named "virus." The IsInfected mailet is towards the bottom of my "root" processor after all the blacklist lookups.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am using version 2.2.0RC3 on Sun Solaris 8 for SPARC with JDK 1.4.2_04

Cj

I am assuming that you mean the Return to Sender mails you are generating as responses.

I also assume that you actually wish to scan outgoing mail for viruses (if not, well then send them out before you scan)

I think the notices generated by James have a specific sender (like [EMAIL PROTECTED]), this could be used to divert them past the scan. You could also set a mail-attribute and use that.

/tobe