Von: Stefano Bagnara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 10:35
An: James Users List
Betreff: Re: cannot send using smtp client

sundeep Gelli wrote:
> Thanks for that....
> I am including the values c and d at every message which are CR and LF
> respectively.

>>>  bw.write("HI frnd, how r u");
>>>  bw.write(".");
>>>  bw.flush();

this should be
bw.write("Subject: test"+c+d+c+d);
bw.write("HI frnd, how r u"+c+d);
bw.write("."+c+d);
bw.flush();
ans=br.readLine();

You will receive an answer saying the message has been accepted.-
you should also sent the "QUIT" command, and not simply close the socket
as you are doing.

> I am able to send the mail without any errors but i am unable
> to recieve in james.
> I am using jdk 1.1.8 to send this and james is using jdk1.5.Is that a
> problem?

No. Please paste your system.out.println outputs, and past also your
spoolmanager, mailet, smtpserver logs. (you can find them in
<jamesfolder>/apps/james/logs)

Stefano