Hi Stefano,

Maybe you are right, i cannot see anything in the James logs about this
error, even with DEBUG on.

The error i posted earlier comes from my Lotus Notes Server (which i have
no admin rights to)

host 10.10.21.10[10.10.21.10]   said: 550 5.7.1
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Relaying denied.   IP name
lookup failed [159.211.156.33] (in reply to RCPT TO command)

What i don't understand is why does the Lotus Notes Server says that
10.10.21.10 (My James Server) is generating the message?

The route we use is

LOTUSCLIENT -> LOTUSSERVER -> JAMES_SERVER

I thought that the problem was that James was not accepting the mails.
Maybe i am wrong as i can't see Lotus connecting to James in the SMTP or
Connection logs.

I'm not sure what is going on, but i'm sure i'll get to the bottom of it.

Michael Dreeling
Distributed Computing Ireland
Tel: (051) 336621
Ext: 307 6621
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|         |  Stefano Bagnara            |
|         |  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          |
|         |  18/05/2006 15:19           |
|         |  Please respond to "James   |
|         |  Users List"                |

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> James is the destination server, but it is rejecting messages from the
> forwarding server (Lotus Notes) because it cannot perform a reverse
lookup
> on its ip.
>
> I need to find out if i can force james to accept this server, as it is
> James that is rejecting them because of the reverse lookup error.
>
> I am going to turn on debugging anyway to try and solve it.
>
> Any other ideas?

Again: that error is not in James 2.1.3: maybe you have some firewall or
you changed something in the code?

James 2.1.3 sources does not include the "550", "5.7.1" or "Relaying"
strings: so that message is produced by something else.

I've just opened the RCPT handler code: the only error related to relay
that James 2.1.3 ever replies is: "530 Authentication Required"

Stefano