On 8/17/06, Marc Oesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bernd,

Somebody wrote up a list in the Wiki. This was the web admin link I
wanted to ask about earlier...

http://wiki.apache.org/james/WebAdminConsole

got the URL wrong in my earlier mail, sorry :)

If I got your answer right, the preferred way to go is JMX and the
entry in the Wiki is just a plan, ie. there is no active work on a web
admin tool for JAMES going on or planned ?

Yes. The JMX infrastructure within the server is well established and
can be extended quite easily.
A web console would raise questions like:
Do we embed a webserver or provide a webservice on server side?
How do we handle security/login?
How do pages get build? (UI, Framework, WebDesign)?

There is no work on a web based console that I am aware of.

Rather than a web _admin_ console, I would like to have a pure-java
ASF-licensed web-based _mail_ application. I never found a good one.
(But maybe I missed one.)

 Bernd