Are you using JDBC or File based usersrepository?
You can look directly on the filesyste jamesfolder/apps/james/var/users folder or in your db to understand better. You can also enable DEBUG logging (environment.xml) and check the logs to see if James tell you something about the undeletable user.

Stefano

fbg111 wrote:
Here's the transcript of my recent telnet session, it's pretty
self-explanatory.  However I'm not sure how I created two users with the
same name 'bounce'.  Any ideas why, and how I can delete the other,
seemingly undeleteable, bounce user?  Thanks!

listusers
Existing accounts 4
user: bounce
user: bounce