Alessandro Delgado wrote:
Hi all!

I'm participating of the Google Highly Open Participation Contest
(http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/), and I've assigned to myself
the task of compiling a FAQ list on JAMES
(http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=16).

As instructed, I went through the mailing list, and identified some questions
which are frequently asked. The questions I came up with are:

How to use a database for User Authentication?
How to use a database for Storing Mail?
How to configure a mailing list?
How to prevent spam?
How do I upgrade James?

Very good! :-)

To me, these seem to be the most repeatedly asked questions. I'd like to know
if you guys on the list think there are any more questions which regularly
appear on the mailing list, that I failed to mention?

As I remember it, many questions deal with how to get the server to receive and send out (relay) email correctly. Often those problems have to do with misconfigured firewalls - the particular James server in question is not reachable from some destination and cannot connect to another server or cannot be connected. We then ask users to "telnet" to the server or do other routine diagnosis. Maybe you have the time to explore this field some more...?

  Bernd