Hi
You should try stopping James, and then telnet from home, I am guessing you will get the same error. i.e its not a James config issue, "No Route To Host" implies a networking/firewall issue.

Kurtis Mullins wrote:
Hello,

I'm sure this question is common. Unfortunately, I've scoured google, the
James Wiki, and this forum trying to find an answer but haven't had any
luck. I'm using James 2.3.1 on a Fedora 10 installation.

Basically my problem is that I cannot access the James SMTP server from my
home computer. The POP server works fine though.

If I SSH into the box, I can do a "telnet localhost 25' and it works fine.
But when I try to use it from home(remote), I always get an error that says
"No Route To Host".

In the config.xml file, I commented out the portion that says
<authorizedAddresses>. I commented out the portion that says
RemoteAddrNotInNetwork. I've tried changing the SMTP Authentication over and
over. I tried to enable SSL but it complained about something missing and
crashed. Just to note, I do stop and start James after each configuration
change.

If anyone can help or at least point me in the right direction it would be
great. I can post my config file but I wasn't sure where to post it at.

Thanks in advanced.