Hi,

Thanks for your great response.

rgds

-----Original Message-----
From: norman.mau...@googlemail.com [mailto:norman.mau...@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Norman Maurer
Sent: 19 July 2010 05:56 PM
To: James Users List
Subject: Re: preventing duplicate emails using Message-ID

Hi there,

if you see the the message a few times in the smtpserver.log then its
not a problem in james..

About the message-id, yes it should be global unique and it "should"
be in every message. See the rfc for more details:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html <- 3.6.4. Identification fields

So you could try to check for the message-id and if you received the
message already just set the state of the message to Mail.GHOST. An
other idea would be to generate a md5 of the message and check if you
have a match..

Bye,
Norman

2010/7/19 Hillel <hbil...@ecommunicate.co.za>:
> Hi,
>
> In the SMTP protocol when an email arrives does it always has a
Message-ID?