Looking into the code deeper before delving into trying to create a
LDAPRecipientRewriteTable class it appears that the only existing LDAP
functionality is the LDAPUserRespository which handles it's own LDAP
connection context. I could go ahead and follow that pattern and
implement the connection context within my LDAPRecipientRewriteTable
class but can't help feeling that is just dirty and doesn't follow a DRY
principal and would require refactoring later.

        Looking at it further I'm beginning to fall out of my scope of Java
knowledge, but would it not make sense at this point to try and
investigate using an EntityManager for LDAP as JPA does? Definitely out
of my current skill level but it would seem logical to have something
similar to o.a.j.util.sql, perhaps o.a.j.util.ldap makes sense, and then
have an LDAPUtil abstract & LdapResources class mirroring what is
currently in place for JDBC/JPA or am I off the reservation?

        I'd rather not develop something that is immediately going to add
unnecessary duplication to the code base.