Hi Martin,

If the REST-backend and James run in the same JVM, it's possible to 'inject' one into the other. I don't get completely your architecture. Does REST receive and forward the messages to James? if yes, how. A small diagram (text based, no need to use a tool) could help to understand. In any case, you will have to also run both in the same Spring context so one can be injected in the other.

If they don't run in the same JVM, you will have to develop an API and extend James to use it.

Thx,

Eric