Absolutely yes, I am happy to contribute. I am in the process of
implementing the <restriction > directive for groups and will share that
when it is working.

I have other configuration experiences/details I would like to contribute
to documentation as well. I have done a lot of testing with SSL settings
with various email clients and will share what I have learned.

I don't see anything in the LDAP source code related to LDAP over SSL. I
was wondering if anyone had implemented it. I looked at the source code and
it seems like code-wise you would have to add

SECURITY_PROTOCOL "ssl"

 to the configuration. I am guessing there could be issues related to the
LDAP server certificate as well, given that the other SSL-related docs
specify having only one cert in the keystore in order for SSL to work
properly.  My cert has entries for the LDAP server and the mail server, so
I am thinking I might be able to get it to work, but that isn't a good
generalized solution. Any suggestions in that direction would be great.