Hi all,

I am migrating from postfix/dovecot to the Apache James server. I am using version 3.0-beta5 (from maven repositories). So far, everything is working fine, but I would want to migrate all my mail from my old Postfix's Maildir to the James MySQL database (I am using it through JPA mailbox).

The only documentation I have found on copying from one mailbox to another is this one http://james.apache.org/server/3/upgrade-database.html, which along the instructions of migrating database, he also notes how to copy all the mail from JPA to Maildir and back.

I connected to JMX console, and performed a mailboxcopier.copy with parameters "maildir-mailboxmanager", "jpa-mailboxmanager". It returns a popup telling me: null.

Investigating further, I have seen that james-cli.sh has more options that the ones that are documented, one of them being "copymailbox". This should do the trick.

I tried:

./james-cli.sh -h localhost copymailbox maildir-mailboxmanager jpa-mailboxmanager

and the response:

Error while execute command:
null

I have checked all the logfiles, but no single information about this null value. I have tried to search for documentation or examples while using the copymailbox feature, but no luck so far.

Is this working in beta5? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much,
Juan