Hi Jerry,
i had the same problem with Thunderbird (and some others like sometimes
not opening mail with attachment). This class of problems happens with
e.g. dovecot imap server too, and its a pure Thunderbird problem. Since
i switch to Linux using evolution i never had such problems. The
difference seems to be the amount of buffered/locally stored
information.

Regards, Kurt

Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2015, 10:21 -0600 schrieb Jerry Malcolm:
> I use JAMES 3 b5 with a relatively large mail IMAP database (>500K mail
> items) across several accounts.  Most of my clients are using
> Thunderbird.  The problem I'm seeing may very likely be a Thunderbird
> problem.  But I'm just curious what might be going on. Once every few
> days, I'll go to one of the folders in Thunderbird that I have been
> accessing regularly and try to open a mail item.  I get a msg from
> Thunderbird that says something like "Mail Server responded that UID is
> invalid".  From this point on, all mail in that folder is
> inaccessible.   I found that the way to fix it is to go the folder
> properties in Thunderbird and click "Repair Folder". This basically
> wipes the folder contents and re-downloads the folder contents from
> James.  Everything is good again until it happens a day or so later on
> the same folder or another folder.  I have Thunderbird on several
> computers.  This consistently occurs on all instances of Thunderbird.
>
> This is by far not a catastrophic problem. But it is a pain.  I'm just
> curious if anyone else is seeing this.  I'm pretty familiar with the
> inner workings of James 3 and the James 3 database structure.  Can
> someone give me a quick explanation of how the folder UIDs are
> generated.  Any idea why the UID would become invalid (unless
> Thunderbird just decided to start sending totally corrupted UIDs)?
> Finally, is there some quick debug logging parm I can enable the next
> time this happens just so I can get a better idea of what invalid UID is
> being sent and what James thinks about that uid?  Even it is totally a
> Mozilla problem, I'd like to arm myself with some good trace data to
> take to Mozilla.
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Jerry

KHTronik - Kurt Harders
Elektronik, Softwareentwicklung, Opensource-Beratung
Leimbacher Str. 36
42281 Wuppertal

T +49 202  2 50 11 64
F +49 202  2 50 11 65