Hello Muhammad,

depends on which version von James you are running.
And it depends on the question if you want the mail to store and finish, or
store and send further.
Also it depends if you want it to be stored in a database, a directory, a imap
folder,...
I suppose you mean a "directory on the local server". A directory is called a
"File Repository".

In version 3 there are some mailets to handle that, see:
http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-provided-mailets.html
ToRepository
ToMultiRepository
ToSenderFolder

In version 2 there are some mailets to handle that, see:
https://james.apache.org/server/2/repositories.html
https://james.apache.org/server/2/provided_mailets.html
https://james.apache.org/server/2/

Also here, not sure which version:
http://james.apache.org/mailet/standard/mailet-report.html

So I think, yes, you could do that.

The state of a mail is "root", if it is in process.
It is "error", if something went terrible wrong.
And it is "ghost", if it will not been sent to another server.
"Ghost" means also, that it will be deleted from memory after handling.

Some mailets provide an attribute called "passThrough".
This decides, if the "mail flow" will continue to the next matcher/mailet, or
not.

For example: The standard "error" processor will just store the file in the
"error" folder (in V2).

Greetings
Bernd