Hi Alex,

We decided to release James 3.0 beta 5, as we are moving closer to James
3.0.

Nowadays, we still have to :

 - Improve the website
 - Write some more tests (on mailets, and using Gatling)
 - Refactor messages to give opportunity to identify from a unique ID
across mailboxes (it is some serious refactoring, hence we prefer to
work on it before 3.0)
 - Write a guice-jpa project

There may be some other topics lurking around but the overall mindset we
have is about testing and bug fixing. Hence our will to tag a 3.0-beta5

You can access it here :
https://github.com/apache/james-project/releases/tag/james-project-3.0-beta5

For related tasks I created :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1830