From:   "Tellier Benoit" <btell...@apache.org>
To:     server-user@james.apache.org
Date:   04/09/2021 03:19 PM
Subject:        Re: Minimal possible build for Spring-based version of
James server

Hello Rich,

Sorry for the late reply,

Spring packaging do not allow to start the distributed server -
Cassandra/ElasticSearch.

Build instructions for the docker:
https://github.com/apache/james-project#run-james-with-guice--cassandra--rabbitmq--s3--elasticsearch

> My goal is to build a James server that acts as an SMTP transfer agent
for other servers using the least amount of dependencies.

Then you likely need to assemble the Guice modules yourself in order to
get your own specific James server, answering your own very needs. My
company likely can offer support doing so.

We have had this kind of customization in the test suite:
https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/james-project-3.5.0/mpt/impl/smtp/cassandra-rabbitmq-object-storage/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mpt/smtp/CassandraRabbitMQAwsS3SmtpTestRuleFactory.java

We have a minimal SMTP server but backed by the JPA technology:
https://github.com/apache/james-project/tree/master/server/container/guice/jpa-smtp

Cheers,

Benoit

Le 30/03/2021 à 22:47, Rich P a écrit :
> Hello --
>
> I just created a snapshot build of 3.7.0 with command line Maven 3.6.3
using "mvn package -DskipTests".  Does this create the smallest possible
build needed for a standalone James server (no Docker/Cassandra, etc.)?

> My goal is to build a James server that acts as an SMTP transfer agent
for other servers using the least amount of dependencies.  Besides the
base James engine, I want to use jSPF and jDKIM.