Hello Beniot,

This exactly what I am doing in Apache James 3.5.0 in mailetcontainer.xml.

       <mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
          <outgoing>outgoing</outgoing>
          <delayTime>5000, 100000, 500000</delayTime>
          <maxRetries>25</maxRetries>
          <maxDnsProblemRetries>0</maxDnsProblemRetries>
          <deliveryThreads>${env:MTA_DELIVERY_THREADS}</deliveryThreads>
          <sendpartial>true</sendpartial>
         <bounceProcessor>bounces</bounceProcessor>
          <gateway>${env:SMTP_GATEWAY}</gateway>
          <gatewayPort>${env:SMTP_GATEWAYPORT}</gatewayPort>

          <!-- If the gateway requires smtp authentication the following
directives -->
          <!-- (gatewayUsername/gatewayPassword) can be used. -->
          <gatewayUsername>${env:SMTP_WEBSSO_USERNAME}</gatewayUsername>
          <gatewayPassword>${env:SMTP_WEBSSO_PASSWORD}</gatewayPassword>

          <!-- Set the HELO/EHLO name to use when connectiong to remote
SMTP-Server -->
          <!--
          <mail.smtp.localhost>myMailServer</mail.smtp.localhost>
            -->
       </mailet>

The java exception on the other hand states the following :
  jvm 1 | 30-Jun-2021 10:20:30.654 ERROR [RemoteDelivery-2]
org.apache.james.dnsservice.library.MXHostAddressIterator.<init>:79 - Couldn't
resolve IP address for discovered host smtpxxx.xxxx.com.

amlan