Hi Vijay

Yes it is possible.

Based on my experience one could solve it using a matcher and a mailet.

See the list of ready made components:
https://james.apache.org/mailet/standard/mailet-report.html
>From there you should find what you are looking for. Here is an example how
to set up a matcher and a mailet:

https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/7dfc09c6ab05cd4ddc45b1ae6963c50c9460d527/examples/custom-mailets/src/main/resources/mailetcontainer.xml#L36
The example uses custom matcher and a custom mailet but most common cases
should be solvable using the standard ones.

You only need a listener (and not a mailet) when you need to postpone your
trigger event to the moment when the email actually gets stored to a
mailbox.

James also has SMTP hools but I’m not familiar with that part of the code
base.

I hope this helps
Juhan