Thanks Felix

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Ingram <f.ing...@gmail.com>
Sent: 08 December 2021 15:22
To: James Users List <server-user@james.apache.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: Update domainlist on docker

Hi Sean,

I've been using James with docker compose. I use the following yaml to mount a
directory into the James container:

volumes:
  - type: bind
    source:  /home/test/james/james-conf/conf
    target: /root/conf
    read_only: true

When running without compose, you could probably use:

docker run --rm -v /home/test/james/james-conf/conf:/root/conf ...

or similar, to mount the directory.

(I found that things wouldn't work unless I used a "bind" mount with compose.
YMMV)

I also ran the container without a mounted volume first, and then used "docker
cp ..." to copy the existing configuration files out of the container into my
host directory.

The main idea is:

1. create a directory with all of your configuration files in it.
2. mount that directory as a volume in /root/conf

Hope that makes sense.

Felix