On 11/6/2024 10:04 μ.μ., Pedro FUENTES wrote:
I still think that the section “CAs are encouraged to contribute to open-source Linting projects, such as by:” is a bit out of place in the BR.

It’s not that I’m against, not at all, it’s a good thing and we totally fine with this expectation, but I think such “encouragement” is not matching the rest of the language of the BR. I would see this more fit in a Root Program Policy...

In fact, the only other place where “encouragement” is used is in section 8 (“We encourage all CAs to conform to each revision herein on the date specified without awaiting a corresponding update to an applicable audit criterion.”), that is, INHO, even incorrectly worded, as that requirement is a MUST in my understanding.

Thanks Pedro,

As there are no strong objections, I will proceed with the "encouragement" language as-is. We are trying to move as many of the Root Program requirements/suggestions/good practices into the BRs so CAs have a central point of reference and less "deltas" with Root Store Programs to process.

Dimitris.