Can someone from the jdk8 project please Review this fix?
Thanks
/Mikael

On 2012-09-05 12:38, Mikael Gerdin wrote:
Bengt,

On 2012-09-05 10:52, Bengt Rutisson wrote:

Hi Mikael,

I think this looks good.

One minor thing. You kind of solved the same problem in two different
ways. In CollectionUsageThreshold.java you reduce the expected number
and then increase it if you find a perm gen pool. In
MemoryMXBean/MemoryTest.java you left the expected value unchanged and
only reduce it if we do not find a perm gen pool.

I think it would be cleaner to use the same approach for both tests and
I think I prefer the way you did it in CollectionUsageThreshold.java
since the "normal" case from now on should be that there is no perm gen.

Good point, I agree that it looks strange, I've updated the MemoryTest
changes to act in a similar way to CollectionUsageThreshold.

I've uploaded a new webrev with the updated version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgerdin/7195557/webrev.1

/Mikael

Bengt