The fix looks good, but I would adjust a couple of small things. First, you
can improve the existing and new code with multi-catch. Second, the message
in the if (notFoundCount > 0) block should be adjusted to take into account
the new cases. Finally, hardwiring port 12345 into the test makes it a bit
fragile. It would be better for the server to listen on any available port
and (for example) write which port it is, or what its JMXServiceURL is, on
its stdout. The shell script can then read that and launch the client with
it. That would also get rid of the arbitrary sleep 3.

Éamonn