Greetings,

Asking for review and putback sponsorship for the following very simple fix:

Bugid:  http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8007084

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgronlun/8007084/webrev01/

Comment: The effect of this fix is that stringStream will now always assign a
valid timestamp upon constructing its outputStream. The impact of this is
considered to be minimal. I elaborated with adding additional constructors to
stringStream with options for enabling timestamping, but this proved
cumbersome, there is already a default constructor taking a size_t for initial
size. In addition, adding new constructors would mean chasing down the
oop::print_string, oop::print_on, oop::print_value_on chains and updating all
stringStream alloc sites. Since the timestamp field is already in outputStream,
I made this tradeoff for this bugfix instead - which I believe will have little
impact in practice.

Cheers

Markus