Stefan,

Thank you for adding comments!

Thanks,
Serguei

On 2/1/13 3:27 AM, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
On 2013-02-01 12:17, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
On 2013-02-01 12:11, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
On 2013-02-01 10:22, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Nice test!
It looks good.
Thanks for reviewing!

As the original bug and the test are non-trivial, it'd make sense to add a comment to the class RedefineMethodInBacktraceApp and explain a little bit what the test is doing,
and what behavior is expected.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8006506/webrev.04/

Tell me if you think this is good enough.

It is good.

Nit: it'd be enough if it is more specific. :)
This method is a key point:
   90     private static void touchRedefinedMethodInBacktrace(Throwable
throwable) {
   91         throwable.getStackTrace();
   92     }
Is it true that the test expects the getStackTrace() does not crash nor
throw an exception which would happen if the old/obsolete method is gc'ed?

I see. I'll add a comment that we shouldn't crash.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8006506/webrev.05/

StefanK

Thanks,
StefanK