On 22/02/2013 13:10, Nils Loodin wrote:
Does anyone have anything strongly against this? This is a small change just to add a performance counter, the code to increment it and read it will live in other parts of the code and be a part of a larger separate commit.

Alan Bateman gave the response that the name was inappropriate, but I don't really have a better alternative, but neither do I have strong opinions, so feedback would be appreciated!

How about
"sun.throwables.thrownThrowables" ?

My comment on the counter name was mostly that sun.misc.PerfCounter isn't really the right place to create a hotspot.* counters. Using the eixsting sun.* or start a new jdk.* name space seems more appropriate. I don't have a strong opinion on the name.

-Alan.