On 15/04/2013 10:07 PM, Rickard Bäckman wrote:
David,

this is what the suggested semaphore.cpp/semaphore.hpp. Is that what you are
looking for?

<sigh> I thought so till I saw it - far uglier and complicated than I had hoped. Sadly the three separate versions wins for me.

By the way you can't do this:

 116 bool Semaphore::timedwait(unsigned int sec, int nsec) {
 117   struct timespec ts;
118 jlong endtime = os::javaTimeNanos() + (sec * NANOSECS_PER_SEC) + nsec;
 119   ts.tv_sec = endtime / NANOSECS_PER_SEC;
 120   ts.tv_nsec = endtime % NANOSECS_PER_SEC;

javaTimeNanos is not wall-clock time, but the POSIX sem_timewait requires an absolute time - you need to use javaTimeMillis(). Which also means the wait will be affected by changes to wall-clock time.

David
-----

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rbackman/webrev/

Thanks