Hi,

On 06/05/2013 06:05 PM, Elliott Baron wrote:
Hi,

We use Hotspot's dynamic attach mechanism in our Thermostat monitoring tool [1], however we have discovered a bit of a problem with access control. One of our typical use-cases is to have our agent running as root, which will monitor all JVMs on the machine. We have noticed that our agent with root privileges cannot attach to other unprivileged users VMs, which seems to go against the principle of the root user.

I have attached a Hotspot patch and JDK patch targeting 7u-dev to allow root to attach to any user's VMs. I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look.

Thanks,
Elliott

[1] http://icedtea.classpath.org/thermostat/

Ping, just making sure this patch doesn't slip through the cracks.

Thanks,
Elliott