On 30.10.2013 17:30, Mandy Chung wrote:

On 10/30/2013 4:23 AM, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Ok. I've added a big object and an initial call to System.gc(). But
I'm leaving the calls to System.gc() right before checking the pools
as well - just to be sure.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/8020467/webrev.04

The update looks okay and I think System.gc() at line 90 is no longer
needed as the failure was due to the empty old gen.

thanks for the update.

Thanks for the review. I've left the System.gc() at line 90 intact - when discussing this with Bengt during the review he was concerned that other pools might be susceptible to this kind of problem and having a full GC right before the check could lessen the probability of running into the data races described in this issue.

-JB-

Mandy