How about defining the class that you want to attach to as a static inner class to the actual test? That would give you only one file, but with two classes, each with its own main method and clear correlation between them.

Mikael

On 2013-11-20 15:41, Mattias Tobiasson wrote:
Hi,
Each test requires 2 files, the actual test code and a helper file.

The helper file will launch a separate java process (called Application), and
then start the actual test. The actual test will then attach to the Application.

For example:
PermissionTests.sh: Helper file that will launch Application instance and then
start PermissionTest.java
PermissionTest.java: The actual test code that attaches to the Application.

It is the PermissionTests.sh that is started by jtreg (contains the
"@test"-tag).

When I port PermissionTest.sh to java I would get 2 files called
PermissionTest.java, so some name change is required.

I could have kept the old PermissionTest.java unchanged, but then I would need another name for the
prevoius PermissionTest.sh. And I wanted a "clean" Test name for the file containing the
"@test"-tag.

I used these names:
TestPermission.java: Helper file.
TestPermissionImpl.java: Actual test code.

I am still new to adding tests for open jdk. I am happy to change the names if
they do not follow the naming convention.

Mattias