I recreated this problem in RedHat 6.4  installed in a virtual machine
where I login as the same user on tty1 and tty2 - the setup for tmp is the
same. I also tried with VM running Fedora 19 with 2 terminal windows in the
X session. I tried to read files from /tmp/hsperfdata_$username/* from the
terminal where I run jstack and I was able to read files (named after java
processes pids).