Here is the new version:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sjiang/JDK-6980984/01/

with the modifications for:
1) synchronization issues raised by Daniel
2) "setUsatgeThreshold" -> "setUsageThreshold"

The odd issue about getting slower with:
   chunkSize = 1M;
maybe was from the "old gen" behavior, but that seems not important for the test.

Thanks,
Shanliang

Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Shanliang,

I just notice that there are some synchronization
issues in the test as well: all static variables
used by the allocator thread should be declared
volatile (chunkSize, mpool ...).

-- daniel