On 2014-03-19 13:30, Staffan Larsen wrote:
The serviceability libraries (as defined by jdk/make/lib/ServiceabilityLibraries.gmk)
should be compiled with "warnings as errors". To enable this all current
warnings need to be fixed.

The background for this is that we recently had a bug that could have easily
been avoided if we had paid attention to the warnings.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sla/8037825/webrev.00/

Hi Staffan,

I have only looked at the build part of the fix. I have one request: please check for toolchain type instead of operating system, e.g.

ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN_TYPE), microsoft)
  WARNINGS_ARE_ERRORS := /WX
else ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN_TYPE), solstudio)
  WARNINGS_ARE_ERRORS := -errtags -errwarn=%all
else ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN_TYPE), gcc)
  WARNINGS_ARE_ERRORS := -Werror
else ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN_TYPE), clang)
  WARNINGS_ARE_ERRORS := -Werror
endif

(with the clang part only if you have tested on clang, that is).

Apart from this, it looks good. Thank you for hunting down those warnings! Great job!

/Magnus