shanliang wrote:
Jaroslav,

Is it necessary to add "ValidationException"?

Could we change the constructor JInfo to:
   private static boolean validateArgs(String[] args);
the method returns false if the args are illegal, or throw an IllegalArgumentException

and declare the variables "args" and "useSA" as static too,
Static variables may have problem if called with multi-thread, but we still could do:

private static Map<String[], boolean> validate(String[] args) throws IllegalArgumentException;

the return map contains args(String[]) and useSA(boolean).

Or put "USE_SA" as a new arg into the args list, then the method becomes:
private static String[] validate(String[] args) throws IllegalArgumentException;

Shanliang

Shanliang

Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the noise but I need to get the fix re-reviewed.
Due to the way jtreg cooperates with TestNG when runnning in agentvm I can not use package private methods or constructor or fields.

The updated patch - http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/8039080/webrev.01 - makes the JInfo constructor a private one and removes the package private getters. The test is using reflection to create new instances of JInfo and to assert its state.

Thanks,

-JB-