Alan,

On 2014-04-24 15:39, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 24/04/2014 12:34, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>>> No objection to removing the npt library but what is the motivation?
>> It's the part of the test stabilization. Next step is revisit UTF8 usage
>> in JDWP and fix related tests when necessary.
>>
> Could you clarify this a bit more? It's not initially obvious how this
> is related to tests.

  We have couple (about two hundreds) of intermittent JDWP test failures
that have to be investigated.

  Some of them might be related to NPT initialization and
deinitialization code (no strong evidence, just a speculation for today).

  Besides that there are couple of places in NPT-related code that
should be re-evaluated and probably fixed.

  So I have an impression that if I clean it up today it saves me
debugging efforts later.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia