Ok.

Thank you for the explanation!
Serguei

On 8/20/14 1:01 AM, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
Serguei,

1. Historically JDI test-suite had no tests for failed transport
initialization behavior and invalid parameters handling.

2. As a part of JDWP hardening work I added couple of such tests to
OptionTest.java - these tests pass invalid parameters to dt_socket
transport to make sure that transport doesn't crash (one such crash was
discovered and fixed) but just return non-zero exit code to upper level.

3. After fix for JDK-6694099 any non-zero exit code from transport cause
VM to coredump. Dumping multiple cores on busy machine takes a time so
harness kills the test by timeout.

We can just increase timeout for this test but I don't think it's a good
idea to dump core when invalid parameters passed to transport.

So there is the fix.

4. After the fix tests for negative parameters will return non-zero exit
code as expected but will not dump the core.

-Dmitry

On 2014-08-20 00:54, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

The fix seems to be Ok.
Just want to make it clear...
This fix just changes the bug pattern.
It a case of incorrect transport parameters the test is still going to
fail but without crash, right?

Thanks,
Serguei

On 8/19/14 12:09 PM, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Please review the fix:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8049226/webrev.01/

JDWP call jniFatalError if transport can't be initialized (e.g. wrong
parameters) and jniFatalError call os::abort().  Therefor all transport
initialization errors cause vm to coredump.

I see no reason for debugInit_exit to call jniFatalError so remove this
code.

-Dmitry