On 26/11/2014 10:57 PM, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Please, review the following test change

Issue : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8064441
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/8064441/webrev.00

The test fails because of System.out.println() may induce unexpected
locking. The solution is to use an already existing LockFreeLogManager
library class to collect the logs in the lock-free manner and print the
logs only after all the test code has been run.

I seem to remember spending a lot of time on this test in the past, where the phaser usage was intended to ensure that we could not be seen to be blocking on the internal locks associated with the println. Where has this gone wrong?

What are the semantics of the lockfreelogger? When will we see its output?

-JB-