Kevin,

On 2015-03-03 14:15, Kevin Walls wrote:
Hi,

This is a review request for a way to make the SA tools protect
themselves from infinite loops during initialisation.

Attaching jmap (for example) to a JVM can fail, infinitely writing an
error - and filling a disk if being logged to a file.  This reproduces
on a Solaris package based install, but not with other distribution
bundles.  In those packages, there's a link JDK/jre/lib/sparc/libjvm ->
client/libjvm.so.  If a server/libjvm.so is loaded and running, we see
libverify.so pull in client/libjvm.so, as it finds the symlink in its
$ORIGIN, in preference to finding the already loaded libjvm.so.

There is only server/libjvm.so on Solaris since JDK 8, so I assume that this RFR is for JDK 7u only. The late stage of the JDK 7u updates project should perhaps be considered when looking at this change.

/Mikael

Symbol lookup in the SA is fooled by having multiple libjvm.so loaded.
There are various things wrong with that.  Protection against zero
strides through the type arrays and a maximum count for duplicated types
will protect us from a few possible problems.

I'll also work a bug for the "install" repo where we create that
symlink, but the tools need to protect themselves from this kind of
problem.

Testing was manual.

bug

webrev