On 3/12/2015 5:54 AM, Staffan Larsen wrote:
The build for jconsole currently takes a template file and inserts the version
number of the build into the file. We can simplify this by removing the
template file and reading the java.runtime.version system property at runtime.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sla/8075056/webrev.00/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sla/8075056/webrev.00/>

jconsole is redistributable.  It's possible that customers can
run jconsole with a JRE of different version.  Now it's linked
in the image and we will have look into whether we want to continue
jconsole be redistributable and perhaps it will not be in JDK 9
and this change would be okay.

Mandy