On 30/03/2015 6:44 AM, David Holmes wrote:
On 27/03/2015 5:36 PM, cheleswer sahu wrote:
Hi,
Please review the code changes for
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8072863. I have built the JDK9
with fix successfully. As I do not have account for OpenJDK, David Buck
will push
the fix into jdk9/hs-rt/.

Web review link: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8072863/webrev.00/

Is it possible to include information about where the class was loaded
from in the message that precedes the exit:

  121     tty->print_cr("Invalid layout of %s at %s",
ik->external_name(), name_symbol->as_C_string());

The main cause of this problem is android.jar on the bootclasspath. It
would be good to make that explicit as well. Otherwise we will still get
bug reports because noone will know what this error means.

I had a good look and it seems the information is not preserved once the class has been loaded.

Can I suggest this simple addition instead:

vm_exit_during_initialization("Invalid layout of preloaded class: use -XX:+TraceClassLoading to see the origin of the problem class");

Regards,
Cheleswer