Hi,

Here comes the updated version.

webrev root: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ykantser/8059047/webrev.01/
webrev jdk: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ykantser/8059047.jdk/webrev.01/
webrev hotspot: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ykantser/8059047.hotspot/webrev.00/

One comment about changes in hotspot part. The refactored version of serviceability/dcmd/gc/HeapDumpTest.java doesn't contain check:

  70             /*
71 * Some hprof dumps of all objects contain constantPoolOop references that cannot be resolved, so we ignore 72 * failures about resolving constantPoolOop fields using a negative lookahead
  73              */
74 output.shouldNotMatch(".*WARNING(?!.*Failed to resolve object.*constantPoolOop.*).*");

It depends on that the current version of jdk.test.lib.hprof parser simply write down warnings to stdout. As a result the test needs to invent own logic to parse it.

I suggest instead to improve jdk.test.lib.hprof parser as a separate RFE. The parser will collect such information and provide a new method for getting it, e.g. jdk.test.lib.hprof.model.Snapshot.getWarnings(). The serviceability/dcmd/gc/HeapDumpTest.java will be changed accordingly when RFE is implemented.

Thanks,
Katja

On 04/22/2015 03:09 PM, Staffan Larsen wrote:
On 22 apr 2015, at 11:17, Yekaterina
Kantserova<yekaterina.kantser...@oracle.com>  wrote:

> [...]
(https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8059039). I suggest to put parser/validator into
common test library since the functionality can be useful not only for SVC tools tests but
even for some future GC tests.