On 2015-08-27 15:04, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Hi,

On 27.8.2015 14:41, Claes Redestad wrote:
Hi,

please review this patch to clean up and make
sun.management.HotspotCompilation
behave nice if the VM would decide to no longer expose per-compiler
thread perf counters:

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/jdk9/8134583/webrev.00/

When already changing this wouldn't it be easier to convert the 'threads' variable to List<CompilerThreadStat> and only add the info for existing compilers threads (eg. not leaving NULL slots in the array).

In 'getCompilerThreadStats' method the 'threads' array is converted to a list anyway.

The CompilerThreadStat object needs to be created on demand (since it polls the underlying counters), thus we still need to maintain either an array or list of CompilerThreadInfo. Converting CompilerThreadInfo[] to a compact (or empty) List<CompilerThreadInfo> may or may not save a few bytes, but we'd still have to create a new list every time getCompilerThreadStats() is called.

/Claes

-JB-

/Claes