On Sep 3, 2015, at 11:50 AM, Daniel D. Daugherty <daniel.daughe...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Kim,
>
> Wow... Not at all where I was expecting this review to go. Normally
> I continue a review cycle until I can negotiate agreement amongst
> all the reviewers, but I can see that's just not going to happen
> with this review.
>
> Short version:
>    I'll take some of the feedback from this review and I'll make
>    some minor changes, but I have no plans to change the code to
>    address most of these comments.
>
> Slightly longer version:
>    The fix that I have in hand resolves the issues that I was
>    trying to fix. It also resolves the issue described in
>    JDK-8129978. Additional changes will require a new bug or,
>    if you wish, you can reopen this bug:
>
>        JDK-8129978 SIGSEGV when parsing command line options
>        https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8129978
>
>    and use it to make additional changes. I will be on vacation
>    next week and David Holmes will be on vacation for a month
>    starting next week. Any further work in this area should
>    wait until David returns since he has strong opinions on
>    this code.

For the record, I'm OK with this change having been pushed.  While I'm
at least at present still in disagreement with Dan about the predicate
being used to decide whether to destroy the PerfData, this change is
an improvement on the status quo, and that predicate can be fixed
separately if needed.

I have some additional responses to Dan, but might not finish them
before he goes on vacation, so wanted to get this reply out before
then.  Have a great vacation.