Hi David,

Thanks for looking at this!

On 2015-10-23 12:53, David Holmes wrote:
On 23/10/2015 6:41 PM, Markus Gronlund wrote:
Hi Bengt,

Looks good - thanks for fixing.

Arguably if you asked for milliseconds you really didn't care about the fractional part. If you did care then you could just multiply seconds by 1000. But on that basis we could just drop the milliseconds altogether.

I see your point. However, I need the conversion for logging and I would like to log with a few decimals. For example "11.34ms". And I think it just looks silly in the code to have "* 1000" everywhere. It looks nicer to convert to millis directly.

One small thing:

I think we can drop the return (double) cast on line 55, no need for updated webrevs.

We can drop a most of the double casts This:

static double time_conversion(const Tickspan& span,
                              TicksToTimeHelper::Unit unit) {
double frequency_per_unit = (double)os::elapsed_frequency() / (double)unit;

   return (double) ((double)span.value() / frequency_per_unit);
}

can become just:

 static double time_conversion(const Tickspan& span,
                               TicksToTimeHelper::Unit unit) {
   double frequency_per_unit = os::elapsed_frequency() / (double)unit;

   return span.value() / frequency_per_unit;
}

promotion rules will ensure each expression is of type double.

Agreed. I will fix this before I push.

Thanks for the review!

Bengt

Cheers,