Hi,

I have a specific question about the output from the Java Dependency Analysis
Tool (JDeps), released with Open JDK 8. Thank you very much for such a
marvelous tool!

I am parsing the output from JDeps with the "-v" flag set, such that a call to
JDeps produces all class-level dependencies among and within a set of JAR files
in a directory. Consider a graph G constructed from the JDeps output, with the
nodes represented by classes and the edges represented by vertices.  My
question is, if a specific JAR file in the directory (call it A.jar) can
compile using OpenJDK with the other JAR files in the directory designated as
dependencies, then does there always exist at least one subgraph G' of G that
corresponds to the dependency relationships that would be actually used by a
Java compiler to compile that JAR file? If the answer is "yes," then I believe
I should be able to recover that graph by starting with the set of classes in
A.jar and constructing the subgraph G' in a manner similar to that used by a
depth-first search.

If this post is to the wrong mailing list, I beg your pardon, and thank you for
your time!

Best,

Richard