Hi Rachel,

On 12/12/2015 3:41 AM, Rachel Protacio wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the review! Updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8145153.01/

You still aren't building the testlibrary in the test.

More below ...

On 12/10/2015 7:53 PM, David Holmes wrote:
Hi Rachel,

On 11/12/2015 8:21 AM, Rachel Protacio wrote:
Hello!

Please review another product flag logging change. This one's pretty
small. Converts TraceMonitorInflation to -Xlog:monitorinflation=debug

Conversion looks fine.

internally, with an alias for the old option. I've again patched in
Max's alias table code in the arguments.cpp and .hpp files since my
previous changeset with that code is currently on hold.

I still have an unanswered question from the other thread about how
the order of options is handled. Primarily whether left-to-right
processing prevails?
Yes, it works the same as before the change. E.g.

    java -XX:+TraceMonitorInflation -XX:-TraceMonitorInflation -version

produces no logging.

The question is whether:

  java -XX:+TraceMonitorInflation -Xlog:exceptions=off

produces no logging. I'm not sure if -Xlog options are processed as they appear or whether there is a special parsing phase for them.

-----

I also strongly believe we should be deprecating these flags at the
same time we do the conversion as this is a classic case of
deprecation if ever there was one!

Open webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8145153/

On the test, if you use the testlibrary you must also @build it.

Also java -version is sufficient to see some inflating/deflating
happen, and your sample class does nothing to force inflation.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Rachel

Testing: passes jck vm tests, JPRT, and RBT quick and noncolo tests

Thank you!
Rachel