On 3/3/16 12:56 PM, Andreas Eriksson wrote:

On 2016-03-03 18:29, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeriksso/8151064/webrev/

test/com/sun/jdi/RedefineAddPrivateMethod.sh
    L38:         System.out.println("@1 breakpoint");
    L39:         System.out.println("@2 breakpoint");

        With these tests, this is usually done like this:

System.out.println("stop here for breakpoint 1"); // @1 breakpoint System.out.println("stop here for breakpoint 2"); // @2 breakpoint

    I _think_ the scaffold stuff can handle the way you did
    it on all platforms, but I'm not sure. Sorry, my memory
    is a bit rusty on this stuff.

    Thumbs up on the original version or you can change it to
    the above. Your choice.

Sorry, saw this after I had already pushed with the original version.
But other tests did similar things:
RedefineException.sh - line 83: System.out.println("a3: @1 breakpoint here a3");
And it ran fine through RBT, so hopefully it should be no problem.

Sounds good to me...

Dan

P.S.

It occurs to me that in the original code the main() method
is empty, i.e., just comment lines. I have a vague memory
about empty methods being treated differently in HotSpot,
but I don't remember the exact details...

What was weird is that it only failed sometimes. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I can find out why, but I probably wont spend too much time on it.

In the original .jtr file:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (fastdebug build 9-internal+0-2016-03-02-004742.mgronlun.upstream, mixed mode)

Since we're in -Xmixed mode, the compiler could kick in, but
on such a short-lived test? I'm dubious...

Good hunting tomorrow!

Dan

Thanks,
Andreas