Greetings,

I recently integrated intrinsic support for event based tracing which was
tracked in JDK-8166806 (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8166806 ).

Unfortunately, the changes for 8166806 led to issues seen in testing on SPARC
and AARCH64 platforms in that the intrinsic code was missing an explicit
control dependency for C2. On the x86 platform, it seems that there is an
implicit control dependency that makes the original code work correctly - but
on the former platforms, the lack of dependency allows a load to "float" up
before the implicit null check dispatch for the uncommon trap.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgronlun/8168662/webrev01/

I have managed to reproduce and analyze the assembler output for SPARC with the
updated changes (please see bug for details).

I would need to integrate this to resolve some testing issues, so reviews very
much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any inconveniences related to 8166806.

Best regards

Markus

PS also thanks for Nils Eliasson for assistance on this issue.