On 8/28/17 1:37 PM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
On 8/28/17 12:17, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
On 8/22/17 5:22 PM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Please, review another revision of the fix for the enhancement:

CSR:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CCC-8061228

  The SCR is in the DRAFT state.
  Joe suggested to consider this CSR approved and gave a GO for integration.   It will be moved to the right state later when the CSR tools are ready.   I'm still asking at least one reviewer to look at this CSR and give a thumbs up.
  It is to ensure everything is going in a right direction.

Serguei,

I made minor editorial tweaks to the CSR and added myself as a reviewer.
The CSR looks good to go.

Hi Dan,

Thank you a lot for the review including the CSR!

You seems to looked at8061228-jdi.transport.2 that I generated
temporarily for myself and which is obsolete now.

Okay... but the CSR referred to the ".2" webrev so that's why I
used it for my review... (and it's a bigger dot number)...

Dan

The 8061228-jdi.transport.1 was sent for review and has to be used.
But I will consider and fix all the comments that are still relevant for v1.

Thanks,
Serguei

Dan

I'll finalize the CSR after that.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2017/hotspot/8061228-jdi-transport.1/

The lastest webrev from Dmitry:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8061228/webrev.18/

Incremental webrev vs the latest webrev from Dmitry:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2017/hotspot/8061228-jdi-transport.1.inc/

  I don't know what email address to use to CC him at this point.
  I hope, Dmitry will find this discussion and reply accordingly.
  The latest webrev revision from Dmitry was v18 (please, see above).

  This revision covers the following:
    - Cleanup for versioning negotiation protocol (back up to the original).       Now the transport library supports both versions 1_0 and 1_1 (newly introduced).
    - The transport native interface was changed.
      The function SetTransportConfiguration() is introduced instead of the       StartListeningWithAllow(). It allows to the same transport library to support       both old and new version of the transport interface. At this point, the
      new structure jdwpTransportConfiguration includes only one field:
const char* allowed_peers;
      But it can be extended in the future if any other update in configuration
      will be required.
    - The unit test was updated to provide better coverage of the corner cases
      for 'allow' option introduced by this enhancement.
    - Fixes to improve diagnosability.
    - A couple of bugs/regressions were fixed so that all the JDI tests are passed now.
    - A cleanup that includes some renaming and reformatting.

Testing:
  Tested new agent flag (allow), with new test:
     jdk/test/com/sun/jdi/BasicJDWPConnectionTest.java
  Ran the nsk.jdi, nsk.jdwp and jtreg jdk_jdi for both release and fastdebug builds.
  All tests are passed.

Thanks,
Serguei