From: Erik Gahlin
Sent: den 18 oktober 2017 22:05
To: David Holmes; serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR(S): 8189425: Minor updates in support of closed changes

Hi David,

Hi Erik,

On 18/10/2017 12:23 PM, Erik Gahlin wrote:
Hi,

Could I have a review of this change that will adjust an assertion
and
Can you explain the adjustment please.
We have closed code that modifies the mark word and then changes it back during
a safepoint. When the mark word is modified, we reuse GC infrastructure that
run into the assert. If we change the assert to ignore checking that the mark
word is NULL, we don't run into the problem.

remove a lock associated with JFR.
I forgot to modify the header file, see updated webrev.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~egahlin/8189425_1/

I  also made a change to GrowableArray, the insert_sorted method now takes a
const.

Thanks
Erik

That bit is fine :)