On 6/11/18 10:43 PM, David Holmes wrote:
On 12/06/2018 3:31 PM, mandy chung wrote:
On 6/11/18 10:12 PM, David Holmes wrote:

For the Java code ... methods that return arrays should return zero-length arrays when something is not available rather than null.
All methods do return zero length arrays except I missed the getPerCpuUsage.  I’ll fix that one and correct the javadoc.

There are a few more too:

Those are covered by the function that converts the string range.

??? I have no idea what you mean.

I think the methods returning an array calls Subsystem::StringRangeToIntArray which returns an empty array.

  171     public static int[] StringRangeToIntArray(String range) {
  172         int[] ints = new int[0];
  173
  174         if (range == null) return ints;

I'm commenting on the specification of the Metrics interface:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bobv/8203357/webrev.01/src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/platform/Metrics.java.html

not any implementation.

The implementation returns empty array, which is good. Yes the javadoc should be updated.

Mandy